- Radu Ceontea was born on 10 November 1946, in Filea village, Mures country
- Master of Arts, 1969, from the Faculty of Fine Arts, Cluj-Napoca
- From 1969 to 1985, a teacher of arts in Piatra- Neamţ and Tg.Mureş
- From 1985, a full -time contributor, and then, the artistic director at the Vatra magazin (edited by the Writers' Union of Romania)
- 1990 - He was a senator representing the Romanian National Unity Party in the Parliament of Romania
- Annual group exhibitions in Piatra - Neamţ (1969-1977), Tîrgu Mureş (1978-1988)
- Sollo exhibitions: Piatra -Neamţ (1970,1971, 1974, 1976,1983); Cluj-Napoca (1976); Iaşi (1977); Tg.Mureş (1977, 1978, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1988)
- National exhibitions: Bucharest, Dales Hall, 1980, 1984, 1986
- Paintings in state and private collections in Romania, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, Hungary and Israel.
- drawings and book illustrations for Junimea, Dacia, Cartea Românească, Eminescu, Facla, Univers, Minerva, Ion Creangă, Tipomur, Columna, Ulise Publising Houses
- He contributed with rewiews, artisticles and illustrations to the Ateneu, Tribuna, Cronica, Arta, Contemporanul, Flacăra, Steaua, România literară, Viaţa Românească, Vatra, Igaz szó, Új élet, Utunk., A hét, Volk und Kultur magazines
- He died on 12th December 2006
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Monday, July 29, 2013
Petre Vulcanescu was a romanian illustrator.
- 1960 - Der standhafte Zinnsoldat und andere Märchen by Hans Christian Andersen; Publisher: Wiesbaden : Vollmer
- 1969 - Märchen by H C Andersen; Publisher: Bukarest : Jugendverlag
- 1971 - Peripețiile Alisei în lumea oglinzii by Lewis Carroll; Publisher: [București] : Editura Ion Creangă
- 1975 - Das Märchen vom Prinzen Tränenreich by Mihai Eminescu, Publisher: Bukarest Ion-Creangă-Verlag
- 1977 - Cele şapte cǎlǎtorii ale lui Sindbad Marinarul by Haralambie Grămescu; Publisher: Bucureşti: Ion Creangă
- 1981 - Făt-Frumos din lacrimă by Mihai Eminescu; Publisher: București : Editura Ion Creangă
- 1982 - Die sieben Reisen Sindbad des Seefahrers by Haralambie Grămescu; Publisher: Bukarest : Ion-Creangă-Verlag
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
- Education: Institute of Fine Arts, Bucharest.
- Author, illustrator: children's books, literature, travel guides.
- Translator: French-Romanian, Romanian-English
- Editorial director of Vremea Publishing House, Bucharest.
- 1980-1990 - numerous disc covers (design and illustration) Electrecord, Bucharest.
- 1980-1990 - numerous book covers (design and illustration) for Medical and Ion Creanga Publishing Houses.
- 1990-2007 - numerous book covers (design and illustration) for Vremea Publishing House.
- 1990-2007 - Translation from French: Georges Simenon, Georges Sadaul, Nicolas Werth.
- 1990-2007 - English translation: A. Conan Doyle, J. Gray, AM Sabath, T. J. MacGregor.
- Participation in group exhibitions in Romania, paintings and illustrations.
Monday, July 22, 2013
Solo exhibition in Bucharest (1974, 1979, 1987), Rome (1981), New York (1982), Esslingen (1984), Cluj (1985). She took part in international poster triennals (Warsaw, Chicago, Toyama / Japan / Paris, Pécs) and etching exhibitions (Baden-Baden / Germany /, Varna, Biella / Biella province / Grenoble, Seoul). In Chicago she has won the Gold Hugo Award in 1984. In 1992 she settled in New York.
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Hadai G. Clara, born Geier (Lupeni, 20 August 1938) is a Romanian-Hungarian textile artist, graphic designer and book illustrator. Hadai Jenő’s wife.
She graduated from Ion Andreescu Academy of Fine Arts - Textile Department (1964). She was a costume designer for Buftea Film Studio in 1965, graphic artist for Jóbarát magazine starting with 1967. In 1974 she joined the editorial Vatra Studenţească.
Her graphics illustrations appeared in Pionierul, Jóbarát, Cutezătorii and Előre - calendars. She made illustrations and covers for writes such as: Toth Maria, Balogh Irma, Bokor Katalin, Ambrus Lajos, Constanţa Buzea, Szabó Magda (Mondják meg Zsófikának – the Romanian edition of the novel), Matthew Imre - A nap kalapja (1980), Francis Szemlér - Lim Lom (1986), Mora Ferenc - Kincskereső kisködmön (1987), Mora Ferenc - Rab ember fiai és más történetek (1992), Dorian Green - High horoscope book (1993), Lakatos Mihály - Etimo apó csodálatos meséi (2002, 2012).
Monday, July 15, 2013
1975 - Povesti pentru trei seri by Radu Ciobanu, Publisher: Facla
1976 - Arcasul lui Stefan by Virgil Carianopol, Publisher: Bucuresti, Ed. Ion Creanga
1977 - Vinatorul cel Viteaz si Frumoasa-Pamintului: basme aromane by Pericle Papahagi, Publisher: Bucuresti: "Minerva"
1980 - Vorba-buna inteleptul - Al. Gheorghiu-Pogonesti, Publisher: Bucuresti, Ed. Ion Creanga
1981 - Aparatorii cetatilor by Titus Cergau, Publisher: Bucuresti, Ed. Ion Creanga
1984 - Mama lui Stefan cel Mare by Dimitrie Bolintineanu
1988 - Craiasa zapezii by H. Ch. Andersen, Publisher: Bucuresti, Ed. Ion Creanga
1988 - Ce-i mai de pret in lume by Serban Nedelcu
1989 - Trandafiri de lumina by Constantin Clisu, Publisher: Bucuresti, Ed. Ion Creanga
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Ion Panaitescu is a Romanian illustrator born on March 17, 1936, Bucharest.Education: Institute of Fine Arts "Nicolae Grigorescu", Bucharest, Prof. Vasile Kazar (1969).
Solo exhibitions: Turda (1976), Bucharest (1978, 1986, 1989, 1996, 2000, 2002), Bacau (1997), Rome (1974, 1988), Copenhagen (1983), Venice (2001). He participated in the illustrated book fairs in Munich, Leipzig, Brno, Bratislava, Brno.
1971 - Aventuri cu uliul Sam by Mircea Pop, Publisher: Ion Creangă
1973 - Ursuleţii lui Rădună by N. Rădulescu-Lemnaru, Publisher: Ion Creangă
1975 - O faptă de un milion by Irimie Străuţ, Publisher: Ion Creangă
1976 - Păcăleala bursucului by Eugen Jianu, Publisher: Ion Creangă
1976 - Poveşti de la miazăzi by Hristu Cândroveanu, Publisher: Ion Creangă
1976 - Zâna munţilor by Petre Ispirescu, Publisher: Ion Creangă
1978 - Ţară, ţară, Primăvară by Luiza Carol, Publisher: Ion Creangă
1980 - Copilul cu inima de aur by Virgil Carianopol, Publisher: Ion Creangă
1981 - Camarazi fără uniforme by Emilian Ionescu, George F. Cozma, Publisher: Ion Creangă
1981 - Copilul şi ţara by Virgil Carianopol, , Publisher: Ion Creangă
1981 - Mirella cu vocea de aur • Glorioşii by Elvira Bogdan, Publisher: Ion Creangă
1983 - Un om în furtună by Dumitru Almaş, , Publisher: Ion Creangă
1983 - Pescuitorii de perle by Mirko Pašek, , Publisher: Ion Creangă
1985 - Pe drumul amintirilor by Emilian Ionescu, Andreea Danielescu, , Publisher: Ion Creangă
1985 - Bostănăria fermecată by Elisabeta Preda, Publisher: Ion Creangă
1986 - ABC olimpic by Ion Panaitescu, Publisher: Sport-Turism
1988 - Pescăruşii nu se tem de furtună by Doina Pologea, Publisher: Ion Creangă
1989 - Vacanţă de şantier by N. Ionescu-Dunăraru, Publisher: Ion Creangă
1990 - Povestind copiilor by Miron Radu Paraschivescu, Publisher: Ion Creangă
1991 - Eroina e Irina by Clementina Voinescu, Publisher: Ion Creangă